I was getting messages from this company so I returned the calls the lady Tressy that answered was very nasty to speak to she asked me to verify my ss# when I wouldnt she got much more unpleasant and hung up on me. I called back come to find out the bill wasnt even mine and she rattled the ss# off to me that she had on the account and said I dont know how this phone number got on this account. What ever happened to kill em with kindness this lady was every thing but kind I never asked to be treated this way for another persons debt.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 19, 2008.

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #84150

Harassing Phone calls for an alleged debt that was not even mine.RE: Merchant's Credit Guide Company complaint.

Please do not assume that this company only contacts people who owe money. This Company called my home phone number numerous times asking for an alleged client that we never heard of.

They were told numerous times that we never heard of the alleged client they claimed they were looking for. This did not stop them from calling. Their calls resulted in harassment by communications to us and violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. You may find more information on this company by contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Complaints include attempting to collect on non-existent accounts. I did contact the Attorney General of my State about their harassment.

to Senior Citizen #723782

Thanks, same thing happened to us. After I wrote them asking to provide the particulars about the debt.

I stated that I was not saying I wouldn't pay the debt but they would have to provided me with specific information about the debt.

We knew it wasn't our account so we gave them 30 days to respond with the info, this was in December 2008.

To date we have not gotten a response to our request, go figure.